en

with Pittsburgh on Monday. Justin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 Jan 13
Just when we thought the NBA Slam Dunk Contest was becoming a snoozefest, Zach LaVine woke us up with his acrobatic, high-flying throwdowns the last two years. Nike Shox Nz Scontate . The two-time reigning NBA Slam Dunk champion not only grabbed our attention but also snagged the attention of one of the greatest dunkers in NBA history: Dr. J.Weve seen what Julius Erving is capable of around the rim, but The Doctor may have just placed the 21-year-old LaVine on the same level as dunking royalty. In Dr. Js interview with Complex sports, he shares his admiration for the Minnesota Timberwolves guard.Ill tell you, Zach has put on a show the last couple of years. He has to get kudos, Erving said. I dont know if the surprise factor and the timing coordination dunks that he does are as impactful as what Vince Carter brought to the scene when he did a few things that hadnt been seen before. I think with Connie Hawkins, myself, Michael Jordan, Dominique Wilkins, Clyde Drexler, theres a lineage there, and I think Vince shook it up a little bit there with a couple of dunks there. Im gonna let him reside in that spot right there.Despite the controversial decision that awarded LaVine the victory in this years dunk-for-dunk contest, he and Orlando Magic forward Aaron Gordon did not disappoint, as they appeared to sit in midair and effortlessly jump out of the gym. Dr. J even claims it was the greatest of all time. Yes, you read that correctly.It was clearly as good as the Wilkins-Jordan showdown, and I had a showdown with David Thompson back in 76, which was the last year in the ABA, Erving said. It doesnt get acknowledged as much, but it was a great showdown. But Zach and [Aaron] Gordon, in terms of the guys who are judging and to hear what they had to say during that time, records are made to be broken, and standards of the bar are established to be challenged so somebody can go above it. I would put those two guys, the things they did this past show in Toronto, at the top of the bar. Even for them to chase next year, or put some new guys next year to go after it ... they have raised the bar to a different level.LaVine is coming up on just his third season in the NBA and has already been compared to some of the greatest dunkers in NBA history. By Dr. J, for that matter. It seems that LaVine may be getting this dunking thing down. Nike Air Max 97 Silver Offerta . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players. Nike Air Max 97 Offerte . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. http:///...air-max-97-gold.html .C. at the helm of the top team in the Eastern Conference. His tenure as the GM in Vancouver was all too brief. Though he led the Canucks to what was then a franchise record-shattering campaign in just his second season, Nonis was gone and replaced one year later.DETROIT -- Max Scherzer has a lot to be happy about so far this season -- beyond his snazzy 7-0 record. "If I was 0-7 but pitching well and giving the team a chance to win, Id still be as proud of that," Scherzer said. "For me, its all about going out there and making sure that Im pitching deep into games and keeping their offence down, and Ive been doing that for the most part." Scherzer pitched six solid innings to remain undefeated this year, and Avisail Garcia broke the game open with a bases-loaded triple, leading the Detroit Tigers over the Minnesota Twins 6-1 on Sunday. Scherzer, who retired his last 22 batters in a win at Cleveland on Tuesday, allowed a run and three hits Sunday. "Hes added a curveball a little bit more, just another weapon, just kind of a show-me pitch," manager Jim Leyland said. "When he gets in that arm slot and can be repetitive with it, hes pretty nasty." Scherzer struck out six and walked three. Torii Hunter homered for the Tigers, and Prince Fielder drove in a run with a fourth-inning double. Garcia, pinch-hitting in the sixth, cleared the bases to make it 6-1. Mike Pelfrey (3-5) allowed five runs and five hits in 5 2-3 innings. He walked three and struck out five. Minnesota has lost 11 of 12. Scherzer set down the Twins in order in the first, extending his streak of batters retired to 25 before Minnesota drew back-to-back walks to start the second. He is the first Detroit pitcher to start the year 7-0 since Jeremy Bonderman was 8-0 in 2007. "Obviously, its pitching with fastball location, I thought my changeup was good," Scherzer said. "But its keeping them off balance with that curveball that really allows me to have success." Scherzer lowered his ERA to 3.42. "Even when he doesnt have his best stuff, hes really good," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "He almost never elevates the ball and his stuff is moving all over the place. With the guys over there, if you dont get them early, you probably arent going to get them at all." Hunter opened the scoriing in the first with an opposite-field solo homer, and in the fourth, Miguel Cabrera walked and scored on Fielders double. Scarpe Nike Air Max 97 Uomo. Each of the last six times Cabrera has walked, Fielder has followed with a hit. Cabrera extended his hitting streak to 12 games with a one-out single in the sixth, and Avila later drove him home with a bloop single that fell between three fielders in short left-centre. That hit chased Pelfrey, and after Casey Fien walked Omar Infante to load the bases, the Twins brought in left-hander Caleb Thielbar. Detroit countered with Garcia, who hits right-handed, and he sent a drive to left-centre to bring home three more runs. Garcia is in the majors because of an injury to centre fielder Austin Jackson, and hes done fine in a part-time role. "We would prefer to have him down (in the minors) getting 500 at-bats, because hes such a great prospect," Leyland said. "Hes got a lot of talent, but he needs to play." Drew Smyly pitched 2 1-3 hitless innings of relief for the Tigers to finish the game. Minnesotas only run came in the fifth on an RBI single by Jamey Carroll. NOTES: The longest streak of batters retired by a pitcher this year is 29 by Shelby Miller of St. Louis, according to STATS. On May 10, against Colorado, Miller allowed a leadoff single in the first before retiring the final 27 batters to end the game. Then on May 15, Miller retired the first two New York Mets he faced. ... Hunter needs one more homer to reach 300. ... Leyland said theres no timetable for the return of Jackson, who has been on the DL since May 12 with a pulled left hamstring. RHP Octavio Dotel (right elbow) isnt expected back for a while. ... Minnesota OF Wilkin Ramirez went on the 7-day concussion DL. He left Saturdays game when he was shaken up in an outfield collision. ... Detroit begins a two-game home series with Pittsburgh on Monday. Justin Verlander (5-4) takes the mound for the Tigers against Francisco Liriano (3-0). The Twins play at Milwaukee. Kevin Correia (4-4) is set to start for Minnesota against Wily Peralta (3-5). Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: